Make a difference in the lives of others and feel good about your work! Disability Advocates of Kent County, a respected, non-profit Organization, is seeking a part time (20 hours per week), Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, (COTA) position for the organization.
This position provides direct support to the Occupational Therapy Manager and the Occupational Therapy Team. The COTA will support all phases of the department services. Supports provided will be typical of tasks performed by a COTA, including intake interviews, information and referral, Independent Living (IL) Plan implementation and follow up, finalizing reports and documenting data, as well as the management of the equipment loan closet. View entire job description: Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) Job Description
- Commitment to and knowledge of Independent Living movement and philosophy.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to participate in and work to build a collaborative team.
- Ability to follow direction and take initiative with exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Accountability to consumer confidentiality.
- A positive, strong, credible professional and interpersonal relationship with all parties relevant to Disability Advocates activities, and representing the best interests of Disability Advocates at all times.
- Associate Degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant required, with 3-5 years experience, especially in the home and community setting.
- Current certification as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Read about the benefits of working for our organization here.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or Disability Advocates of Kent County, Attn: Human Resources, 3600 Camelot Drive SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546. Resumes will be accepted through May 24, 2021. EOE