- Occupational Therapy assessment of an individual, their activities, and the safety of their home
- We make recommendations for safety, independence, accessibility
- Plan detailing need for equipment and/or modifications
- Occupational Therapy Assistant follow-up and equipment training
- Grants, insurance, private pay (sliding scale) fund service
- Community Development Block Grant, Kent County Senior Millage
Adaptive Equipment and Resources
- Resources for equipment and funding
- Equipment loan closet and professional recommendation
Accessibility Consultant for New Construction and Remodeling
- Home plan review to ensure accessibility Assistance in designing your custom accessible home
- Resources/information for accessibility, equipment, funding, and knowledgeable builders
- A mainstay of Independent Living Home Options is our expertise in Universal Design. This is the practice of designing products and spaces that may be used by the widest range of people possible and is an outgrowth of Accessible Design, which addresses the needs of people with disabilities.
- Universal Design goes further to address all possible human abilities and needs making it easier for all people to use the product or space.
- Through our nationally recognized program, ZeroStep, we help individuals through design guidelines, insights, and recommendations to ensure a home is designed or modified, to address the needs of any ability level. Becoming a home for a lifetime.
Additional OT Services