Adaptive Home Solutions
We provide in-home assessments which identify barriers to independent living. We assist consumers with home modifications,
equipment, community resources, and funding options so they continue living independently in their own home and community.
*Serving Kent, Ionia, Montcalm, Mecosta and Osceola Counties.
- Occupational Therapy assessment of an individual, their activities, and the safety of their home
- We make recommendations for safety, independence, accessibility
- Plan detailing need for equipment and/or modifications
- Occupational Therapy Assistant follow-up and equipment training
- Grants, insurance, private pay (sliding scale) fund service
- Community Development Block Grant, Kent County Senior Millage
Adaptive Equipment and Resources:
- Resources for equipment and funding
- Equipment loan closet and professional recommendation
Accessibility Consultant for New Construction and Remodeling:
- Home plan review to ensure accessibility Assistance in designing your custom accessible home
- Resources/information for accessibility, equipment, funding, and knowledgeable builders
- A mainstay of Independent Living Home Options is our expertise in Universal Design. This is the practice of designing
products and spaces that may be used by the widest range of people possible and is an outgrowth of Accessible Design,
which addresses the needs of people with disabilities.
- Universal Design goes further to address all possible human abilities and needs making it easier for all people to
use the product or space.
- Through our nationally recognized program, ZeroStep™, we help individuals through design guidelines, insights,
and recommendations to ensure a home is designed, or modified, to address the needs of any ability level. Becoming
a home for a lifetime.
Specialized Hearing Services for those who are hard of hearing, experiencing deafness in later years, and deaf persons.
We provide individual and home assessments to identify appropriate adaptive equipment (which may include hearing aids)
to improve activities of daily living for Low Income, older adults, in Kent County, who are 60 years and older.
Click here for more detailed information on our Hearing Aid Services & Adaptive Equipment program.
For more information or to enroll in our program, Contact Occupational Therapy or call us at 616.949.1100 x 249.
Check Out Our Equipment Loan Closet!
Your old equipment could mean a new beginning for someone else. Equipment donations are welcome. We provide durable medical
equipment that puts the right tool in the hands of those who need it. We accept gently used, working equipment. Donations
are tax deductible.
If you need equipment - A simple phone call could change your life. Please contact Lisa if you would like to donate or
need some equipment. Her phone number is 616.949.1100 x 255 or you can use Occupational Therapy's Contact form.
Aging in Place Classes
Live in your home longer. Comfortably. Safely. Group Education Modules for Kent County adults 60 years or older in support
of successfully aging in place.
Preparing for Surgery: Pre and Post Surgical preparation, including the use of adaptive equipment and home solutions.
- Safety-At-Home: Fall prevention tips, staying safe at home and in your community.
- Tools You Can Use: Can't reach your feet? Simple solutions to make life easier. What equipment is right for you?
- Taking Care of You: Save time, energy, and your aching back with energy conservation and safety tips.
- Help Is Out there: Accessing community resources as needs change: transportation, food, support services, and housing.
- Understanding Benefits: Benefits consultation: financial self-sufficiency and understanding government supports.
- Group education classes are available exclusively to Kent County Adults 60 years or older in support of successfully
aging in place.
If you are a caregiver experiencing physical or emotional stress related to caregiving, we want to help you.
Click here to find out more about the services available for Caregivers.
**Serves Ionia, Montcalm, Mecosta and Osceola Counties