Disability Advocates of Kent County, a dynamic and dedicated non-profit, is seeking to employ an on-call, up to 12 hours per week, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) position. The position is non-exempt and on call. Hourly rate negotiable depending on experience.
The COTA will work primarily with Disability Advocates Registered Occupational Therapists (OTRs) and our full-time COTA. Assistance provided to the OTRs will be typical of tasks performed by a COTA, including intake interviews, information and referral, Independent Living Plan implementation and follow up, finalizing reports and documenting data. The COTA will participate in specific community events, activities, and projects as a representative of Disability Advocates.
Education and Experience
Associate Degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant required, with 3-5 years of experience, especially in the home and community setting.
Current certification as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Commitment to and knowledge of Independent Living movement and philosophy.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to participate in and work to build a collaborative team.
- Ability to follow direction and take initiative with exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Accountability to consumer confidentiality.
- A positive, strong, credible professional and interpersonal relationship with Disability Advocates consumers and co-workers, and representing the best interests of Disability Advocates at all times.
Work Environment and Abilities: This is a standard office environment. Extensive keyboard activity, telephone communication and attendance at meetings, presentations, and community outreach in and out of the office are expected. Self-identified mode of transportation is required.