Disability Advocates of Kent County is seeking a 20 hour per week Volunteer Coordinator.
The Volunteer Coordinator is an essential position in the Resource Development Department.
The person in this position will be responsible for managing volunteer activities,
recruiting new volunteers, conducting volunteer orientations and assisting in community
outreach activities. This position also recruits interns and works with colleges and
universities for intern placement.
- Commitment to and knowledge of Independent Living movement and philosophy and person-first
perspective which supports Disability Advocates’ mission and core values.
- Recognition of colleague and consumers’ strengths and facilitation of empowerment principles.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to participate in and work to build a collaborative
- Ability to follow direction and take initiative with exceptional time management and
- Accountability to consumer confidentiality.
- Maintain a positive, strong, credible, professional and interpersonal relationship with
all parties relevant to Disability Advocates activities, and represent the best interests
of Disability Advocates at all times.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience in volunteer and/or project management; experience working with persons with
Work Environment and Abilities:
This is a standard office environment
We advocate and facilitate action by persons with disabilities and the community to achieve
equal access for all. We support equal employment opportunities at Disability Advocates
for persons with disabilities through various workplace accommodations, therefore we
encourage persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.
To apply for the Volunteer Coordinator position email your resume to email@example.com