We provide assessments, give insight, and make recommendations in connection with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Michigan Persons with Disabilities Civil Rights Act, and the Michigan Construction Code to organizations interested in creating an accessible environment for all forms of potential customers including individuals with disabilities.
Basic Site Accessibility Review
- ADA compliance.
- Suggestions of best practices for what can improve accessibility above and beyond the minimum required by law with little effort or expense.
- A walk-through of the site and/or review of site plans and blueprints.
- A detailed report covering evaluation methods, standards and guidelines, existing conditions, and recommendations for all evaluated elements.
Sample of condensed site accessibility review
Comprehensive Site Accessibility Review
All aspects of the Basic Site Review, plus:
- A thorough evaluation of possible accessibility improvements which meet or exceed both ADA Guidelines and Universal Design best practices.
- An in-depth site walk-through and/or plan review.
- Optional one hour consultation with a Universal Design specialist.
- Optional messaging and communications suggestions to aid with public outreach and grant applications
Complete Site Accessibility Review
All aspects of both the Basic and Comprehensive Site Reviews, plus:
A thorough evaluation of program accessibility including, but not limited to:
- Written program materials
- Flexibility of children and adult programs
Sample of complete site accessibility review
Contact Accessibility Reviews